Illegal Discrimination Outside the Workplace
Under Washington state law, it is illegal to discriminate against anyone in many situations on the basis race, creed, color, national origin, sex, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability. It is also illegal to discriminate for the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in a number of situations. A lawyer can help you determine if the discrimination you experienced is illegal. The Seattle based lawyers at Allen & Mead can advise you of your rights in the areas of:
- Employment Discrimination
- Discrimination in places open to the public
- Housing or real estate transaction discrimination
- Discrimination in dealings with insurance companies and health maintenance organizations
- Discrimination in borrowing money or getting credit
- In some situations it is illegal to discriminate against families with children.